Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad.
Civil Service Rules: Exam Admission requirements
The CSC or Civil Service Commission in the Philippines had a set of requirements that pertain to the admission before anybody can take the test. We have the rules in examination as also listed in the CSC website. These rules are actually the admission requirements for civil service exam.
Applicants are advised to check carefully whether they meet the admission requirements stated below. Only those who meet the admission requirements should apply for the examination, otherwise, their applications shall be disapproved and the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
1. At least 18 years of age on the date of filing of application;
- for May 22, 2011 CSE-PPT, applicant must be born on or before February 21, 1993
- for October 16, 2011 CSE-PPT, applicant must be born on or before May 23, 1993
2. Must be Filipino citizen;
3. Must be of good moral character;
4. Have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
5. Have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government;
6. Applicant with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty of grave offenses, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 58 (a) of the Uniform Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service and CSC Resolution No. 010659, dated March 22, 2001; and
7. Have not taken the same level of CS Examination in less than three (3) months.