Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad.
DFA Passport Requirements for Minors Below 18 Years Old
If there are DFA passport requirements for married women, surely there are also a different set of requirements for minors below 18 years old.
If you belong to this category, see our list below. You may also visit our related posts below for DFA branches if you are ready to apply online or get a passport application appointment system slot.
For Minors (below 18 years old)
- Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is of legitimate status).
- Personal appearance of mother (if minor is of illegitimate status)
- If minor is NOT traveling with either parent, you are going to need to pass or present the original and photocopy of DSWD clearance, affidavit of support and consent.
- If both parents are abroad, the affidavit of support and consent (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul).
- Special power of attorney (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul designating the representative by name and authorizing him to apply for a passport on behalf of the minor).
- Passport and photocopy of the passport of the traveling companion of the minor and identification card and photocopy thereof of the duly authorized person.