Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad about Philippines.
LTO Philippines Driver’s License
If you are out to apply for a LTO Philippines driver’s license or renew, here is a quick guide for you regarding the procedure of application, forms, and requirements that you should have on hand. For your car registration, please visit their office or the LTO website at lto.gov.ph.
First off, there are 2 types of license I am to discuss for tips to all driver’s license applicants out there and those are student permit / license and the regular driver’s license which are upgradeable. Requirements for renewal procedure are as follows:
LTO Driver’s License Renewal Requirements
1. Current/Expired License Card
2. Medical Certificate (from LTO accredited or Government Physician) or valid AFP/PNP organic personnel ID
3. Drug Clearance Certificate (from an LTO accredited drug testing center)
4. Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
Application Procedure for Student Permit:
1. Go to the Customer Service Counter to have your documents and requirements checked for completeness.
2. Secure a Driver’s License Application Form. (This form is available for download at the LTO website. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO window.) Fill up all necessary details. If you are afraid to make a mistake, ask the proper personnel first.
3. Get a queue number or waiting number and wait for your number to be called. This has been changed today, your name will be called upon and the window number to which you will go will also be announced along with your name. Be sure to be alert.
4. When your number is called, proceed to the transaction counters to submit all required documents to the Evaluator.
5. Go to the Photo taking booth / Signature Area and wait for your name to be called to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called. Be sure to use your real signature.
6. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the necessary driver’s license application fees and be sure to get an Official Receipt.
7. Proceed to the Releasing Counter and wait for your name to be called then present the Official Receipt and claim the temporary student permit/license.
For more relevant and related information about the Land Transportation Office in the Philippines, please visit our page here – http://www.internetphilippines.com/category/lto-philippines/.