Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad.
NBI Clearance Center – Application, Renewal, Price, Requirements
Before I go straight to discussing important notes and tips to guide you with your NBI clearance from application, form, renewal, fees and price (how much is the document) and the application requirements, let me first enlighten you with some face via a question and answer type of information (FAQ’s). I also have some common questions answered below so be sure to read along. It might help you a thing or two with the tips I’ve got here.
How long is an NBI Clearance valid (validity period)? – The validity of your NBI Clearance is good for one year. Afterwards, you may opt in for a renewal in authorized kiosks and branches of the said government document used primarily for employment and travel abroad. Compared to a police clearance, it has longer validity period. This other security document is valid for only 6 months.
How long will it take (processing) or when can you get/pickup the NBI Clearance?
Your NBI Clearance will be released the same day you apply for in, UNLESS there is a “hit”! You will find out when you can claim your NBI Clearance on Step 5 – Data Entry. They will place a mark at the back of your receipt, and it’s either without hit (you proceed to releasing area) or with hit.
What is a “hit”?
If in case you got a “hit” upon checking it, you’ve got locked up in either situation. You either probably share the same name with somebody else who’s got a derogatory record or you’ve been filed a case before. You will have to come back after a week to either claim your NBI Clearance or be interviewed in this case. Refer to the mark at the back of your receipt and take note of the date you have to come back to the NBI Clearance Center. It is listed there.
For those live in Caloocan, you can go to Victory Central Mall to get or apply for your NBI Clearance. The clearance center is located at the 5th floor of Victory Central Mall, Old Victory Compound, Rizal Avenue, Monumento, Caloocan City.
This blog entry was posted on July 20, 2013. Prices, procedures, branches, and other information may change me knowing it. I would appreciate it if you can give via my comments section for any updates and change of location of the branches listed.
Our blue underlined links above is where you can find the list of branches of this agency of the Philippine government.
Who may apply for NBI Clearance?
- First time applicant
- Those who lost personal copy of old NBI Clearance (please secure an affidavit of loss in this case)
- Photo-copy of old NBI Clearance
- Renewal (Single) for change of civil status (female applicants only)
- Renewal subject for technical error or document data correction
NBI Clearance Renewal
- Applicants for renewal (original copy only) – subject is present, with or without changes of address and purpose for use of document may proceed to
- Step 1 Data Check then to Renewal Kiosk or proceed to
- Step 2 Payment, and then to Renewal Kiosk (Image Capture) Inside the processing area, proceed to
- Step 2 Payment
- Please proceed to renewal kiosk for Image Capture
- Application for no hit remark, please proceed to releasing section to claim your NBI CHS. Cert. and have your right thumb print taken.
- Application with hit remarks are advised to come back at the specified date indicated in your O.R.
How to apply for an NBI Clearance and Save Time and Effort
1. Get an application form (FPC – Finger Print Card) at the information desk (it is strongly suggested to get a copy prior to application day as this will speed up your application process for up to 30 min or more)
2. Proceed to fill up area (tables with ballpen) (be sure to bring your own ballpen)
3. Submit your filled up application to Step 1 – Data Check
4. Proceed to applicant’s lane near the entrance (bring someone else with you to use for falling in line on your behalf while you fill up your application form)
5. Step 2 – Payment for application inside the processing area
6. Step 3 – Fingerprinting
7. Step 4 – Image Capture
8. Step 5 – Data Entry – Quick Search
9. All applications with no hit remarks proceed to releasing section
10. All applications with hit remarks schedule for release
How much does the NBI Clearance cost?
Price will always depend on the purpose of application and document use. Usually, if for use in either abroad or local. Below is a list of breakdown of additional fees to pay depending upon your condition as an applicant. (courtesy of Twentyfive)
- Naturalization, Cancellation of ACR, Repatriation – P415.00
- Change of Name, Business License, NFA, SEC, TBC, Adoption, POEA, PRA Requirement, Permit to Carry Firearm – P165
- Travel Abroad, Immigration Req., Visa Seaman, Marriage Requirement – P115.00
- Local Employment, Customs Pass, Enlistment AFP, DND, DOT Req., ID Purposes and Other Requirement – P115.00
What are the requirements for application?
- 2 Valid ID’s with photo of you (updated and not expired)
- original copy of old NBI clearance (for renewal)
- personal appearance (for image capture or photograph of you) (for fingerprint purposes)
What are considered valid I.D.’s?
- Voter’s I.D.
- Postal I.D.
- SSS I.D.
- GSIS I.D.
- PRC License
- Driver’s License
- Company I.D
- Valid Passport
- ACR (for aliens)
- Senior Citizen I.D.
- Philhealth I.D.
- Student ID
NBI Clearance Center Branches Satellite Offices for Application and Renewal
I have a large list here.
Quezon City Satellite Office (Quezon City Hall)
Marikina Satellite Office (Marikina Riverbanks)
Mandaluyong Satellite Office (Mandaluyong City Hall)
Las Pinas Satellite Offce (Las Pinas City Hall)
Muntinlupa Satellite Office (Alabang Market)
NBI Clearance “RENEWAL” Kiosks
You can read my post for renewal kiosks here – http://www.internetphilippines.com/philippines-institutions/nbi-branches-and-renewal-kiosks/.
- Park Square I, Makati City
- SM MEGAMALL, Mandaluyong City
- Tutuban Central Mall, Divisioria, Manila
- Porta Vaga Mall, Baguio City
- Gaisano Mall, Iloilo City
- Robinson’s Mall, Cebu City
- Robinson’s Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
- Talisay City, Cebu
NBI Regional and District Offices
1) Cordillera Autonomous Regional Office, Baguio City
2) Ilocos Regional Office, San Fernando, La Union
3) Cagayan Valley Regional Office, Tuguegarao City
4) Central Luzon Regional Office, San Fernando, Pampanga
5) CALABARZON Regional Office, Batangas City
6) MIMAROPA Regional Office, Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
7) Bicol Regional Office, Naga City
8 ) Eastern Visayas Regional office, Tacloban City
9) Central Visayas Regional Office, Cebu City
10) Western Visayas Regional Office, Iloilo City
11) Northeastern Mindanao Regional Office, Cagayan de Oro
12) Southeastern Mindanao Regional Office, Davao City
13) Central Mindanao Regional Office, Koronadal, So Cotabato
14) Western Mindanao Regional Office, Zamboanga City
15) CARAGA Regional Office, Butuan City
16) Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao, Cotabato City
17) Laoag District Office, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
18 ) Vigan District Office, Vigan, Ilocos Sur
19) Dagupan District Office, Dagupan City, Pangasinan
20) Bayombong District Office, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
21) Isabela District Office, Ilagan, Isabela
22) Olongapo District Office, Olongapo City, Zambales
23) Cabanatuan District Office, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
24) Tarlac District Office, Tarlac City, Tarlac
25) Bulacan District Office, Plaridel, Bulacan
26) Cavite District Office, Tagaytay City, Cavite
27) Laguna District office, Sta Rosa, Laguna
28 ) Lucena District Office, Lucena City, Quezon Province
29) Puerto Princesa District Office, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
30) Legaspi District Office, Legaspi City, Albay
31) Bacolod District Office, Bacolod City
32) Dumaguete District Office, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental
33) Samar District Office, Catbalogan City, Eastern Samar
34) Dipolog District Office,
35) Pagadian District Office
36) Iligan District Office
37) Tagum District Office
38) Saranggani District Office
Other NBI Satellite Offices
1) Los Banos Satellite Office, Los Banos, Laguna
2) Marilao Satellite Office, Marilao, Bulacan
3) Montalban Satellite Office, Montalban/Rodriguez, Rizal
4) Caloocan Satellite Office, Caloocan City Hall
5) Valenzuela Satellite Office, Valenzuela City
6) Taytay Satellite Office, Taytay, Rizal
7) Philippine Retirement Authority, Makati City
8 ) Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
9) Alaminos Satellite Office, Alaminos, Pangasinan
10) Imus Satellite Office, Imus, Cavite
11) Lipa Satellite Office, Lipa City, Batangas
12) San Pablo Satellite Office, San Pablo City, Laguna
13) Kalibo Satellite Office, Kalibo, Akalan
14) Bohol Satellite Office, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
Fore more guides, please visit the NBI website – http://www.nbi.gov.ph/. Good luck to all applicants.