Internet Philippines.Com – About Philippines

Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad about Philippines.

Candy Pangilinan Gets Banned in Baguio

Google Advertisements

Personally, I don’t want to sensationalize this issue because first of all it is a sensitive one. I do not have any first hand knowledge about it or of what exact things happened. But I feel it is more of an obligation to make myself heard.

Let this be a lesson to all of us that when we say words, we ought to think first but I also guess impromptu jokes like what Candy said takes no second thoughts. It’s a fast lane that you cannot pause and stop all of a sudden.

I feel the action is just right to implement a total ban on her movies and anything related to entertainment but she deserves to be given the chance to prove however that she is really sorry.

How can she do that if her feet were not to take a step on the lands of the indegenous people – Igorots? Just a question but I would like to if I were the authorities give her the chance to go prove be joining the Igorots. It could be a good way to make her realize the more that responsibility is and should always come first in every word we say.

She admitted that she made a mistake and she is sorry for that so there must be a next move to let her show how really and truly sorry she is. Let her make the people of Baguio see how she plans to show her remorse.

7 Responses to “Candy Pangilinan Gets Banned in Baguio”

• eleeh says:

i can’t comment on this issue,what i want 2 comment to what is going on with the senate right nw,senators like lacson,especially to madrigal,why do they help d children in the streets homeless instead of focusing their attention to sen.manny villar who persönally i’ll vote hm 4 president!tnx

• nghrace222 says:

serves her right…. she works in the show business world, she should have known better. haven’t she heard about that american tv show where one of the characters crack a joke about medical practitioners from the philippines? belittling them that it caused a frenzy as well! and now it’s her against us igorots. i don’t know why some of this people got this funny impression that we igorots have tails,short and black and etc, i mean, it’s absolutely absurd. may this be a lesson not just for miss cindy but to everyone who are prejudiced against ethnic minorities. but you’re right she seemed remorseful and she said sorry so why not give her a chance, let her come to baguio and see for herself the people she’s making fun of… as the saying goes “the best revenge is kindness”.

• Philippines Review says:

I totally agree with you here Grace and thank you for contributing in this post. At least voices may be heard and sides taken into account about this issue when people like you make comments.

I also guess you are a Baguio native but forgive me if I’m wrong about it. Anyway, what’s important is what you said – “the best revenge is kindness”. I like this phrase as it will make people think that Igorots are more human than they could imagine. In fact, the Igorot natives were believed to be the only pure Filipinos of today. More Filipino than Ms. Candy or even I that they make me so proud.

• egoroots says:

I’m an Igorot and I really don’t give a crap about what candy said. She has already apologized and that’s that. i believe she did not intentionally do it. Nobody is that stupid. Igorots should just accept her apology and get over it; otherwise we are just as low as the joke itself.

If there’s one thing I’d be pissed about, it is the idiot who came up with the joke. Igorot statue or no statue, the joke is pathetic, from lame joke to offensive joke because of one word. Wow, is that the best they can think of? I grew up in Baguio and believe me Igorots are a rich source of jokes. Any Igorot who is offended by what i just said needs to wake up. Every race or ethnicity has something worth making jokes about, from White, Black, Asian, etc.

The Igorot politicians who are making a big deal out of this are just taking advantage of the publicity because it’s an election year.

Nuff said

• igorota says:

When Candy said what she said, that probably was a freudian slip. It was what she thought of igorots all along. In her defense, they said she meant “Igorot statue” not Igorot. Except for the barrel man, igorot statues are meant as art work and are images of a dignified people, intended to inspire awe, not ridicule or laughter. So hindi rin lulusot ang palusot. She deserves all the flak she is getting for not thinking. Filipinos are quick to react when foreigners insult them, pero bakit when it is a member of the cultural minority who is made fun of by local entertainers, it is acceptable to the rest of the pilipinos. Just look at how pilipinos make fun of the maid characters on tv shows or those people coming from the provinces. They are protrayed as ignorant, and have no intelligence at all. Hinahampas pa kung minsan. And these cruelties and cliches pass for jokes kuno.

Naku please pwede ba, maging more creative naman tayo. Entertainers are supposed to be creative imaginative intelligent people. I hope they use their creativity not only to entertain, but to educate.

• MARY DOU says:

CANDY PANGILINAN,ELEMENTARY CHILDREN ARE SMARTER THAN YOU ARE YOU ARE AN IGNORANT COMEDIAN,PLEASE DON’T BE A COMEDIAN BECAUSE YOU WILL HURT ,STEP LOOK DOWN OTHER PEOPLE,I’M NOT AN IGOROT BUT I STUDIED IN BAGUIO AND NOTED IGOROTS ARE INTILLIGIENT PEOPLE THEY ALWAYS TOP THE BOARD,COMLOUDE,THEY ARE SMART PEOPLE THEY PREFER GETTING THEIR DEGREE,VERY GOOD PEOPLE BUT IF YOU HURT THEM THEY DON’T JUST ACCEPT IT YOU HAVE TO LAERN YOUR LESSON THEY PUNISH YOU.I’GLAD YOU ARE NOT A POPULAR COMEDIAN,AI AI IS BE E E E E TER THAN YOU SHE RESPECT PEOPLE.MOST OF MY FREINDS IGOROT ARE WELL EDUCATED LAWYERS AND MEDICAL PROFFESIONAL NOW THEY ARE ABROAD ,THEY DON’TEXPOSE THEMSELF ON TV AND THEY DO’NT LIKE CROUDED PLACES IF POSSIBLE THEY LIKE LIVING IN FRESH PLACES AND THEY EAT FRESH FOODS.THEY DON’THAVE TAIL IF THAT IS WHAT YOUTHINK ,THEY SPEAK ENGLISH INSIDE THEIR HOUSE,AMERICANS WENT TO THE IGOROT PROVINCES AND LIVE THIER BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE PEOPLE.

• myofbah says:

What were you thinking, Candy? How dare you come to our house and attack our dignity? Totally clueless and classless act!

Your lame excuse is so pathetic that I couldn’t stop from puking. I guess accountability was not part of your curriculum during your UP days. I did not even have to learn this from an academic setting. As a student of the University of Experience, I have always learned from my mistakes and turned my weaknesses into strengths and threats into opportunities. Simply put, my mantra in my daily walk with life is the golden rule: “Do unto others what you want them to do unto you.”

You have insulted the fiber of our being so do not be surprised with the worldwide uproar. The scars of the past are no longer that visible in the pages of our history, but here you come wounding us again. What a fine time to hurt us, Candy!

It takes time for the wound to heal so do not expect that this will simply be swept under the rag with a simple apology. The hurting may never even heal. Nevertheless, I hope that this is a humbling experience for you, and I expect that your future shows will be clean and devoid of innuendos. We do not mind laughing. After all, I think everyone agrees that laughter is the best medicine for pain and suffering.

Google Advertisements