Internet Philippines.Com – About Philippines

Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad about Philippines.

NSO Court Decree and Correction of Entries Requirements

Google Advertisements

Correction of NSO documents entries require you to give certain papers to submit to the NSO or National Statistics Office. Below is a list of NSO court decree and correction of entries requirements. Please do note that this is just a guide which is taken from the NSO website itself. For any discrepancies, please refer to the official NSO website at or call them on their NSO hotline numbers.

NSO Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) Delivery

NSO Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) Delivery

Court Decree (Correction of Entries in Civil Registry Records):
(1) Certified copy of the Court Decree of Correction of Entry/Change for First Name/Cancellation of Entry
(2) Certificate of Finality
(3) Certificate of Registration of the Court Decree
(4) Certified Machine Copy/Photocopy of Annotated Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate or Certified True Copy (CTC) of Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate with the appropriate annotation

Tags: , ,

93 Responses to “NSO Court Decree and Correction of Entries Requirements”

  • Roma Amor E. Fabia says:


    I would like to ask if where to file Petition for correction of sex from male to female and change of name from Gloria to Jelyne at the same time. She was born in Abra Province but now residing in Kasibu, Nueva Vizcaya. Do the Regional Trial Court of Nueva Vizcaya has jurisdiction over the Petition? Thanks

  • Michelle C. Mangabang says:

    Good day!
    I would like to ask if how much it would cost us for the correction of my name and gender. The name in my birth certificate was Michael instead of Michelle and the gender was Male instead of Female. How long would the processing be???? Thanks!

  • aisha says:

    id like to ask if it’s possible to register a civil marriage for the second time?the guy is married b4 and separated but not annulled yet, then he found a new wife and married secretly in civil can they do that?pls advise.thanks

  • EDHEL says:

    i would like to ask how much will cost in correction of my gender intead of female it should be male?thanks..
    and how can i check my name online?

  • fernando p. cagungun says:

    sir/madam; i need help w/ my son’s BC, he was born out of wedlock. the name registered at the census is totally different from his school records, which he’s been using eversince. he needs this corrected BC to go back to college. can u help plzzz?

  • Romer says:

    ask ko lng po kng pwede na ako mag secure ng correct copy ng surename ko dito sa NSO davao city.. approved petition ko to correct the wrong spelling of my surename “from “VIAGE to VIAJE” nai-forward na ng MCR pigcawayan, Cotabato and documents dyan sa NSO last aug 4, 2010….ng venerify ko na-receive ng NSO last aug 5, 2010 thru LBC…

  • marinile says:

    ask ko lng poh kng magkano pag nag pachange ng one letter sa surname. thanks poh.

  • MJ ENDOMA says:

    I have learned from my parents that I was registered twice in 2 different names. the first one was registered as Marijell T. Endoma in Morong, Rizal and Maria Jinelle T. Endoma registered at Pililla, Rizal since I am a resident of Pililla. Una pong na register ang Marijell kaysa sa Maria Jinelle. Pwede po ba na Maria Jinelle ang gamitin ko? Magkano po magagasta ko? Tsaka po step-by-steps na gagawin ko? Thanks po.

  • Leodegardo Carpio Fajardo says:

    Dear Sir/Mam.

    Good Day,

    Ask ko lang po kung magkano pag nagpachange ng one letter sa name ko sa NSO po ang name ko ay Leodegardo sa Munisipyo po ng Hagonoy Leodegario at ano po mga required document thanks po.

  • Chariz Estinoso says:

    Good day,

    I would like to ask if how many days do NSO annotated marriage contract get processed, like after submitting all the requirements in the NSO main office in Edsa…
    Thank you

  • thirdx says:

    ask lang po kong anu po ang dapat gawin ko if one of the letter in my name is incorrect? school requirements po. tnx GODBLESS!

  • Gretchen says:

    Hi good day!

    i would like to ask some assistance on how to correct/put name on my NSO birth certificate since it has no name…. pwede ko po ba ma process ang document tru the local NSO office here in Cebu, o dapat ba personal na e process ang documents sa national office ng NSO? i did some research na pero, wala kasi clear infos on what to do regarding the processing of my birth certificate…. if anyone of you has the same problems and was able to fix it, please help or give me any advice on what to do…. thanks and more power!

  • Eduardo C. Jubilag says:

    Were done with the court hearings and decision, how long would it take more to make the correction official after the decision and finality…..How long would it take naman sa NSO to make the correction official? It took us more than 6 months for the court procedures…..e sa NSO kaya gano naman katagal ang paghihintay kaya namin naman….just asking kasi nakakainip ng sobra mag antay sa proceso!

  • Jhoey says:

    Sir/ Madam:
    I haven’t got the NSO copy of my birth certificate but I’m so depressed now that my gender/ sex is male not FEMALE. What should i do? Where should i file this type of petition? I need this much for my schooling….and for my lifetime document…Will you please guide and help me…thanks a lot..

  • Jodelyn H. Oliva says:

    Ask ko lang po kung magkano magagastos sa pag aayos ng gender female po ang bata, pero ang nakalagay sa birthcerticate nya male, at pano po ayusin?

  • Angel Adanza says:


    Good Day!

    I hve a problem with my birth certificate because in my original b. certificate it was stated FEMALE but then when i get my NSO i found out that my GENDER is MALE instead of FEMALE. So what will i do and how long is the process? I cant apply for passport because of this error. PLS help me and i need your advice. Thank you so much and G od bless us all.


  • German mendoza castillo says:

    Tanung q po my gmamit ng name q ng nd q alam at ngpnta ng japan at ng asawa para yumaman.pano po my kasabwat ba sa mga tao nyu ? Tapos and2 na at nd pq nkpghabla . Nalinis na daw nya at bakit ganun ? Pd ba un ? My batas na ba na after magam8 eh ok na bsta malinis na .

  • German mendoza castillo says:

    San ko mababasa ang reply ng nso ?

  • German mendoza castillo says:

    Yun nga po . nagamit sa pagpapayaman kc ng asawa sya ng haponesa name fukue miwa miyamoto . Ginamit nya name q sa smuggling . Ang name po nya ay RAMIL MEDINA BALITA galing na sya dati sa japan nung 90s , 2004 nya pnkasalan ung haponesa gamit name q , nlaman q lang ito nung 2009 na umuwi na sya d2 sa lipa city , ang name ng aswa nya d2 ay BUNI BALITA ,

  • German mendoza castillo says:

    Pano power ang dapat at dba dapat sya managot kc kung nalinis man nya eh ginamit nya ng nd q alam , my makuha pa kya aq cenomar sa nso para katibayan ?

  • johannis says:

    Good Day!


    Please advise me what are the possible things I’m going to do. It is regarding on my birthcertificate , Ihave problem on my gender and my given name. My name is JOHANNIS an it was entry at birthcertificate as J HANNIS and the gender is FEMALE instead of MALE. The entry is INCORRECT, it is not my problem that my nmae in entry was wrong.

    Please advise me what are the things to do which can I get a correct birthcertificate. I just want to apply a work but I dont have any birth certificate that I submit being basis for one of the requirement for employment.

    It is a big problem on my part that I finished my degree but I could not apply a job.

    Please advise the intended person that could help me.

    Please advise the immediate action on this matter.



    mobile number: 09269924898
    email add :

  • katharine says:

    Good day!

    i would need to renew my passport which expires in 4 months. the problem is, i would need to present a CORRECTED birth certificate to get my passport renewed–as advised when i first got it– because my original birth certificate states MALE instead of FEMALE.

    i heard there was supposed to be a new law after RA No. 9048 that should cover correction of such discrepancies without requiring court hearings…has it been finalized? how do you propose i go about this?

    URGENT HELP Please

    Thank you,
    mobile: 09154380506

  • miraflor a. cunanan says:

    i have a problem with my first name,my birth certificate is named as MIRAFLOR E. ANDAMO,while in my school records named as MARIA MIRAFLOR E. ANDAMO so what will i do if i want to get a passport? thank you…

  • mai says:

    Good day… I just want to ask kung pano ko po ma change yung surname ng anak ko he was born last may 29,1995.parents ko po ang nagparegister.hindi po kasi kami kasal nung tatay ng anak ko.thank you and more power.

  • Lawrence says:

    Greetings… Gusto ko lang itama ang surname ko… adopted ako at ang surname ng adopted father ko ang gamit ko ngayon sa lahat ng credentials ko.. from school to documents.. Pero recently nung nagapply ako sa NSO ng birthcert iba ang lumabas.. nalaman ko ang surname ng totoo kong tatay ang nkalagay doon.. pero hinde naman kasal ang totoong nanay ko sa totoong tatay ko.. Pwede malaman ang procudure para mapalitan ko na sa NSO ang surname ko which is surname ng adopted father ko?

  • Comendador, Paz says:

    i just would like to ask if how much do we need to pay for the Change of Full Surnames from Glenn Behagan to Glenn Silvosa.
    as well the the changing of mother’s name of Marielle Comendador which is from “Jen” Comendador to “Jea” Comendador.

    kindly tell us the exact amount we need so that we could prepare a budget for it..

    thanks and more power!!!

  • anchita p. de jesus says:

    tanong ko lang po kung paano ma change yong gender ng anak ko from male to female? nagtanong na po ako sa isang lawyer , kaya lang po hindi ko po kaya presyo nila , matutulungan nyo po ba ako?

  • Malou Calibara says:

    I would like to know the requirements to process the annotated marriage contract with NSO.
    Thank you

  • antonette l. domingo says:

    my problem po is my birthday, yung naka register sa civil registry is dec. 13 kaya nung nagpakasal ako, 13 ang ginamit ko pero pagkuha ko sa NSO dec. 11 ang nakalagay. could you please tell me what to do and how much will it cost?

  • happy says:

    good day, I’m also the one of those people whose problem is to their GENDER. I’m a girl but to my birth cert. I’m a boy. May i know please what are the requirements on this and how much it will cost. tnx!

  • maricel magsael flores says:

    gusto ko lng po itma ang pangalan ko na MARISEL sa MARICEL e yung requirements ko po ay nabaha pero nasa akin parin po kaya lng ay punit punit n yung record ko po sa munisipyo namin ay hindi makita paano po kaya iyon magaaply po b ulit ako o pwede n yung mga record ko n punit punit

  • zahra l. berana says:

    good day !
    tanong ko lang po kung paano ko po itatama ang nso birth certificate ko kasi po ipinanganak po ako ngoctober 30 1986 pero ang naka register po sa nso ay october 30 1992. please lang po tulungan nyo ako. maraming salamat po. God Bless!

  • cherry l.diero says:

    hi kumuha po ako ng nso
    tapos ang lumabas po dun wala akong surname middle intial lang pero ang ginagamit ko po mula kinder garden ay surnameng tatay ko
    ano pong actions gagawin ko dun
    tama po ba nag magpalate registered na lang ako

  • noel says:

    gud day!ask ko lng kc ung date of marriage na nakalagay sa BC ng anak ko is hindi ung tunay na date nung kasal nmin.gusto ko sna mapalitan ung date of marriage na nakalagay dun sa BC ng anak namin.tnx.

  • tearhear18 says:

    i think you need to visit civil registrar office to hear advices about your case

  • Ferdie Galang says:

    Good day! ask ko lang po kung ano dapat gawin kung 2 beses ako naregister at mag kaiba ng birthdate ang nailagay? salamat po!

  • Emmanuel D. Vargas says:

    sir, mam

    ask ko lang po kung paano ko po itatama ang name nso birth certificate ko kasi po Manuelito D. Vargas ang gamit ko then ung nasa nso ko is Emmanuel D. Vargas , kaya po even sa marraige contract namin ng asawa ko Manuelito D. Vargas ang nagamit ko… ano po ang magandang gawin ko…. salamat po.

  • marlon says:

    Good day. My wife is one of the thousands who had error on gender. (female instead of male) and we have been consulting some friends about this.What is the best thing to do? She was born in Guagua Pampanga and we now reside in Iloilo city.Is there a difference in going for a private attorney or just filing it ourselves in the City Trial Court in terms of how long the process may take, and we are as well low on budget. Looking forward to your reply and thank you very much indeed. Godbless

  • lhyne says:

    good day.itatanong ko lang kung pwede mavoid ung record ng birth certificate ng anak ko sa nso..para mairegister na lang siya ulit. kasi sa birth certificate niya gamit niya ang surname ng father niya pero wala siyang middle name na dapat ay surname ko..then hindi din nakasulat ung name ng father niya ang nakalagay doon sa birth certificate ay n/a..tapos sa name ko naman ang ang nakalagay surname ko ay ang surname ng father ng anak ko. .bali ang tama lang doon sa birth certificate ay ang date of birth, birth place, gender, hospital po ako nanganak.tama po lahat ng finill upan kung form sa hospital.pero nung kumuha na ako ng copy sa city hall.mali mali na ang nilagay nilang information na binigay ko..sana matulungan ninyo ako sa dapat ung gawin kasi 4yrs old na ung anak ko and soon mgaaral na siya..di rin pala kami married ng father ng anak ko pero nagsasama kami.thank you angd gob bless.

  • roceleebenedicto says:

    how can i change my daughter lastname to my lastname hindi kami kasal ng daddy ng anak ko at gusto ko na syang ipalipat sa lastname ko i need your reply as soon as possible thank you

  • jeanette says:

    hi sir/ma’am,

    ask ko lang po kung paano ko po mapapa correct yung spelling ng last name ko? from ponggos po to pungos and how much po? thank you,pls reply asap!

  • edith javonillo says:

    help me in my case.ang name po na ginamit ko EDITH QUILOP JAVONILLO pero walang record ang nso ang nron ay EDITH LOU BAUTISTA QUILOP.WAT SHUD I DO.

    please help me,sir;maam.

  • jhenna says:

    gud day po..ask ko lang po kung papaano makakapag bawas ng name? and how much po ba? ano po ba mga requirements? thank you po…

  • Blacky says:


    Ask ko lang po kung magkano ang price range para sa correction of entry (wrong month sa birth certificate) i mean full price for everything lawyer, publication, etc… Thank You So Much.

  • gleza b. rodrigo says:

    Good day,

    I just like to know kung wala po bang ibang option for change of gender. Hindi ko po kasi kayang bayaran ang 15,000 na gastusin sa pagpapachange ng gender ko from male to female.I can provide documents supporting that I am a female.Masyado pong mabigat ang gastusin at napakatagal po ng proseso.I am a solo parent so the process is not a practical thing for me to do. Thanks!II am looking forward for your immediate response



  • Meredith Armada says:

    how can i change the first name in my nso birth certificate. Kasi po MEREDITH BASA ARMADA ang gamit ko since i started schooling from grade school to college, i was baptized in Iglesia ni Cristo with that name.I’ am a registered voter with that name, i even worked in post office using that name which i thought was my real name.upon taking my BC from the local municipal (manila city hall) there’s no name of meredith exist but the name that match the files of my sisters and brothers and my parents is Ermita instead of Meredith, I’m 52 years old now, lost all my chances to go abroad because of that error. what should i do? how much it will cost me, i don’t want to die with a complicated me please. if you have a solution or suggestion please call me up my land line is 632-7085554.

  • Juveley tulang says:

    Hi ma’am/ sir,

    good day!
    ask ko lang po kung ilang buwan makuha ang court decree matapos ang court hearing.Anu ang mga paraan na dapit gawin para mapadali ang pagkuha ng court decree? halos isang taon ang processo ng court hearing ko about correction of entry sa birth certificate ko..kailangan ko na ang new Bc ko para makatrabaho na ako.


  • hanna joy buenafe says:


    • Philippines Review says:

      Ms. Hanna, the cost will always depend on the lawyer you will have to hire (and the processes involved) for you to take care of your gender or sex information change on your NSO record.

  • Rowena Tivoli says:

    Please advice me kung ano ang dapat kung gawin.Ang nasa baptismal ko ay Rowena Rebecca C. Moises.Pero nung nag aral ako ay Rowena lang ang ginamit ko hanggang sa naka graduate ako.Nakapag asawa po ako kaya ang nilagay ko sa Marriage contract ko ay Rowena Rebecca C. Moises na.Nung kumuha ako ng Birth Certificate sa NSO kasi ni required sa akin sa SSS na tuklasan ko na Rebecca lang ang nag appear duon…ano po ba ang maganda gamitin na ang Rowena Rebecca kung sakaling ipaayos ko na yung Birth Certificate ko kahit na lahat na ng document ko ay puro Rowena ang gamit ko?Please advice me bago ko paayos ito…ano po ba ang dapat?Ipatanggal na lang ang Rebecca o sundin na yung ginamit ko since nung nag aral ako?Paano naman po yung marriage contract ko na nakalagay ay Rowena Rebecca…thank you so much kung mabibigyan nyo ako ng advice.
    GOD Bless and More power

  • edgardo garces says:

    tulongan po ninyo sana ako sa problima ng birth certificate ng wife ko ,may copy na po kami nakuha galing ng nso male po nakalagay sa gender niya at mali din po ang first name niya. ano po yong una naming gagawin sa zamboanga del norte po siya sinilang
    salamat po

  • Duane Dulman says:

    Hi maam/sir,

    Im one of those victims! i already undergone the court hearing! now i would like to know how long it will take for the LCR and NSO to annotate my birth certificate? DO i have to go to the NSO personally to make it done as soon as possible? Thank you so much!

  • Margie De los Santos says:

    Good day!
    I would like to ask regarding the wrong sequence entry of my surname in my birth certificate. instead of MARGIE DELOS SANTOS, the NSO put entry as Margie Santos De los,. What will I do? Is there any court jurisdiction regarding this problem? What are the requirements that must be submitted? How long will it be processed? Thank you

  • Joselyn S. Vineza says:

    Good day Sir/Mam

    Gusto ko lang po sanang mag inquirre kung paano po ng gagawin regarding sa gender ng anak ko po male po cya pero naka indicate po ay female..Bumalik po kami sa ospital kung saan po ako na nganak ng sabi lang po nila ay mag pagawa daw po ako ng affidavit para sa gender ng bata.pero di lang pala ganun iyon…
    Sana po matulungan nyo po ako kung anung paraan po ng gagawin me.Sino po pwede ko malapitan tungkol po dito..


  • glenda eriman says:

    ask lang po sana ako sa manila ako pinanganganak dito po ako ngayun iloilo ang problem ko ang birth year ko 1973 ako pinananganak 1972 po nakalagay…. magkano po ba magasto pag nag file ako correction of entry… salamat po

  • glenda eriman says:

    kumuha din po ako sa nso same name and ang date of birth na 1973 pero walang record ang record ko po ay nasa 1972 nakalagay.

  • roberto tejada says:

    ask q lang poh kung magkano poh magagastos pag na wrong entry ang gender ng anak q imblest na male, female ang na eentry 2monts old plang ung baby q poh
    >kylangan pava ng court order para mabago ung gender ng anak q o baka pwde na lakarin q sa NSO na hindi na dadaan sa court?
    >Thanks pohhh ng marami sana masagot nyo tanong q

  • roberto tejada says:

    nag ask nrin po ako sa local civil registral kya lang hindi ko npo nahabol dahil ito lang april 27 2011 nila pinadla ng nso.nlaman ko lang na mali pala ung entry nailagay ko ito lang june 1 2011.sana po masagot nyo po ung tanong ko.Thanks po!

  • romic h. calinawan says:

    hello po ask lang po ako,,kung may makakatulong sa prob nang papa ko,,may sss kasi sya kasi nag trabaho sya sa stampelco company,,tapos may sss sila,,,pero yung kasi birthcertifacate nang papa ko may problem ,,kasi iba ang nalagay nya sa marriage contrack nang mama ko,,kasi di pa gaano ka bisa ang birthcertificate sa panahon nila noon,,,,,anu ba ang pwedi kung gawin para maisaayos ang name nya at para maallowed na nya maka tanggap nang pera sa sss,,,sana may makatulong po sa akin,,,salamat po

  • Vanessa Torres says:

    Good day!

    Paano po ba ang procedure kapag mali ang Surname ng mother sa birth certificate? Kailangan po kasi sa pagkuha ng passport.

    Kung late registration po ba makaktulog sin po ba iyon?

    Salamat po.

  • Vanessa Torres says:

    Good day!

    Paano po ba ang procedure kapag mali ang Surname ng mother sa birth certificate? Kailangan po kasi sa pagkuha ng passport.

    Kung late registration po ba makaktulog din po ba iyon?

    Salamat po.

  • Juvy John Gonzales says:

    hello….ask ko lng po kng ano ang mga requirements sa pagpalit ng apelyido?kc po gusto ko lng po palitan ang apelyido ng anak ko sa NSO birth certificate.Ang nakalagay kc sa NSO birth certificate nya ay apelyido ng asawa ko.Kaya gusto ko palitan kc lahat na records niya sa school ay apelyido ko ang gamit.sana po matugonan nyo ang problema ko…salamat po….

  • Gen Q. Flores says:

    I would like to ask how much it cost to transfer my gender into Female. It was male instead female? how long the process? But the most important how much it cost?
    Hope i can have the answer as soon as possible.

  • Nelsie Espino says:

    gusto ko po sna i pa correct yung birth father ko sa naibigay na birth yr ng .nso sa knyang birth certificate.ano po ang mga kakailanganin papers para maigawa sa tama yung birth certificate nya,,?at ganun din po sa marriage contract nila?kumukuha po sna kmi ng copy sa aming munisipyo .pero ang sabi wala na po silang record dun….gustuhin nmn po nming i pa late register son na ,kaso ang sabi meron nmn po daw sa nso kya yun nlang gamitin nmin..e pano nmn po wrong nga yung binigay sa amin sa nso?ano po ang dapat nmin gawin?sna po matulungan nyo kmi….maraming salamat po…

  • margie-liza tuldog says:


    Maa’m/ Sir
    I would like to ask how long it takes the petition for correction for clerical error. Like in my case Magie-liza pulsic Tuldog which i used from the very start, and in my birth certificate my midle initial is pulsik. i would like to know how long it takes since i dropped it in LBC last june 8, 2011. Hope to hear u from very soon. Thanks.

  • margie-liza tuldog says:

    Margie-Liza pulsic tuldog the correct one

  • maribel bucu says:

    I wanted to know how much it will cost to change my first name.. from Marilyn to Maribel.. I am publicly known to Maribel and all my legal documents under this name except of course my NSO birth certificate.. My elder sister also her name is Marilyn, maybe this is a typo error from the clerk who wrote my name. I only find out that my name in NSO is Marilyn after graduating from college. Last time i went to our local civil registry.. they are asking 7K to 10K to process it.. which i think this is not fair.. can you please give me a breakdown of how much it will cost and how long it will take

  • maria says:

    I was registered in Bulacan and using my original cert to all my employment.
    but after asking NSO copy from East Avenue, my problem arise when typographical error came out to my new cert. It showed my birth date 1959 instead of 1969.
    I applied for correcton of cert but it took so much tym, and money. after how many months I am about to get it from yesterday, but unfortunately Provincial office told us that NSO office fro manila returned it to them and asking other requirement.. If they only knew how much trouble it causing me from their own mistakes.
    so complicated …..

  • christian anne ganelo says:

    good day Sir/Ma’am,

    I would like to ask on how am I going to do some steps to correct some error to my birth certificate. Actually I am a female but it appears male to my birth certificate. I give a warm sincerity to your feedback, hope to see some information from you .
    May God bless you.

    thank you


  • eiram says:

    pls po i need some help..i really don’t know n po what to do..hope to hear response from you..salamat po..

  • melissa says:

    Good Day ,

    Mam Joan,
    I am requesting to please examine my Ausf application , As what I’ve seen in the Implementing Rules and Guidelines in Registration for Legal Instrument there was an exemption in registering such document like affidavit of Patenity or Acknowledgement that you are insisting to us.
    I am asking you…
    To whom should I follow?
    Legal Civil Registry of Manila say ’s that my document is fixed / done and no additional documents needed.
    Please mam, I’m lacking of time. I need it badly in order for my passport and working visa to be process.
    Please take action on this matter , it would be a big help for me and to my family.

    Melissa Dela Cruz Santiago.

    HUmihingi po ako ng tulong sa inyo…good pm po…aq po ay isang simpleng mamamayan lamang po na inaayos ang aking birth certificate sa nso,nauna po namin itong inayos sa local civil registry ng munisipyo ng maynila at naitransmit na po ito nung july 19, 2011 sa nso…ngunit ng naipasok na po namin ito sa nso ay binigyan kme ng date na Aug,9, 2011 upang mairelease ito, dahil sa kailangan ko na itong makuha agad para makakuha nq ng passport q nakiusap po kme kay m’ chatty upang mapaaga po ang release nito at binigyan nya kme ng date ng July 28, 2011 ngunit ng kukuhanin ko na po ang aking birth certificate ay hindi daw po ito mairerelease gawa ng may mga feedback dito at kailangan kong kuhaning papeles uli ,so ang ginawa ko po ay bumalik uli aq sa local civil registry upang kuhanin qng anu man ung pinakuha nila at akin naman itong ibingay sa kanila at nakiusap uli aq para mairelease ito ng mas maaga, binigyan aq ng date na Aug,5,2011 pagbalik q po ng aug,5 d ko naman po nakuha dahil sa may feedback na naman daw po uli ..ang kailangan ko naman daw po ay ang Affidavit of Acknowledgement thru authentic writing na aking isinangguni agad sa local civil registry at ang sabi po nila ay hindi na daw po kailangan yun dahil ang aking ama ay patay na, at bumalik uli aq sa nso at pagbalik ko po dun ay pinagpipilitan nilang bumalik uli aq dun upang kuhanin ang Affidavit of Acknowledgement thru authentic writing…ano pong gagawin ko kung ang sinsabi sa local civil registry ay ok na po ung papeles ko at sa nso naman po ay kulang pa daw po, bakit po sila ganun? Hindi po yata sila synchronize sa pagsasaayos na papeles…natatakot po akong baka sa susunod na pagbalik ko po ay may kung anu anung feedback na namn po sa knila ay lalo aq matagalan sa pagkuha nito, wala naman po silang awa na pabalik balikin kme porket maliliit na tao lamang kme pero pag mga kakilala nila ay agd nilang ginagawan ng solusyon paano naman po kme na limited lang po ang panggastos sa pag aackaso na mga ganyang dokumento..kayo lng po ang makakatulong sakin ..sana po ay mtulungan nio po ako sir…kailangan ko na po ito talaga sa lalong mdaling panahon.Sana po matulungan nio po ako para matulunagn ko ang aking pamilya sa pag unlad..tatanawin ko po itong utang na loob ..maraming maraming salamat po…Sana ay mtugunan nyo po ako sa lalong madaling panahon, marami din po kayong makikita sa CENSUS(NSO) located at Nso Vibal Bldg.Times St. West Triangle Quezon City na mga katulad q pong paulit ulit ng pinabalik balik ngunit wala pa din pong katugunan sa amin na ang ninanais lamang ay maisaayos ang aming mga personal na dokumento.

    makokontak nio po ako sa numerong 09335248127 at 09281121098.
    salamat po,

    Melissa D. Santiago


    Republic of the Philippines
    National Statistics Office

    Series of 2004
    NO. 9255 (An Act Allowing Illegitimate Children to Use the Surname of their Father,
    Amending for the Purpose, Article 176 of Executive Order No. 209, Otherwise Known
    as the “Family Code of the Philippines”)
    As mandated by Commonwealth Act No. 591, the Office of the Civil Registrar General hereby promulgates the following Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 9255 signed by President Arroyo on February 24, 2004 and took effect on March 19, 2004, 15 days after publication in a newspaper of general circulation.

    Rule 1. Coverage

    1.1 These Rules shall apply to all illegitimate children born before or after the effectivity of R.A. 9255. This includes:

    1.1.1 Unregistered births;

    1.1.2 Registered births where the illegitimate children use the surname of the mother.

    Rule 2. Definition of Terms
    As used in these rules, the following terms shall mean:

    2.1. Public document ? refers to affidavit of recognition executed by the father such as the Affidavit of Admission of Paternity or the Affidavit of Acknowledgment.

    2.2. Private handwritten instrument ? an instrument executed in the handwriting of the father and duly signed by him where he expressly recognizes paternity to the child.

    2.3. Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) ? a department in the city/municipal government mandated to perform civil registration functions.

    2.4. Office of the Civil Registrar General (OCRG) ? refers to the national government office mandated to carry out and administer the provisions of the laws on civil registration headed by the Civil Registrar General who is also the Administrator of the National Statistics Office (NSO).

    2.5. Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) – an affidavit to be executed in order to use the surname of the father. The AUSF is a registrable document.

    2.6. Guardian – refers to a person lawfully invested with the power, and charged with the duty, of taking care of one who, for defect of age, understanding, or self control, is considered incapable in administering his own affairs. This term also refers to those authorized to exercise substitute parental authority over the child in default of parents or a judicially appointed guardian (Title IX, Family Code). Those exercising substitute parental authority are the following:

    2.6.1 The surviving grandparent (Article 214, Family Code);

    2.6.2 The oldest brother or sister, over 21 years of age, unless unfit or disqualified (Article 216(2),
    Family Code); and

    2.6.3 The child’s actual custodian, over 21 years of age, unless unfit or disqualified (Article 216
    (3), Family Code).

    Rule 3. Who may file
    Under these rules, the father, mother, child if of age, or the guardian, may file the public document or Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) in order for the child to use the surname of the father.

    Rule 4. Where to file

    4.1. The public document or AUSF executed within the Philippines shall be filed at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the child was born, if the birth occurred within the Philippines.

    4.2. The public document or AUSF executed outside the Philippines shall be filed at the LCRO of Manila, if the birth occurred within the Philippines.

    4.3. The public document or AUSF whether executed within or outside the Philippines shall be filed at the LCRO of Manila, if the birth occurred outside the Philippines.

    Rule 5. What to file
    The following shall be filed at the LCRO:

    5.1. Certificate of Live Birth with accomplished Affidavit of Acknowledgement/ Admission of Paternity at the back

    5.2. Public document

    5.3. AUSF, including all supporting documents

    Rule 6. When to register
    The public document not made on the record of birth, or the AUSF shall be registered within twenty (20) days from the date of execution at the place where the birth was registered. Otherwise the procedures of late registration shall be applied.

    Rule 7. Requirements for the Child to Use the Surname of the Father

    7.1 For Births Not Yet Registered

    7.1.1 The illegitimate child shall use the surname of the father if a public document is executed
    by the father, either at the back of the Certificate of Live Birth or in a separate document.

    7.1.2 If admission of paternity is made through a private handwritten instrument, the child shall
    use the surname of the father, provided the registration is supported by the following

    a. AUSF
    b. Consent of the child, if 18 years old and over at the time of the filing of the document
    c. Any two of the following documents showing clearly the paternity between the father
    and the child:

    1) Employment records
    2) SSS/GSIS records
    3) Insurance
    4) Certification of membership in any organization
    5) Statement of Assets and Liabilities
    6) Income Tax Return (ITR)

    7.2 For Births Previously Registered under the Surname of the Mother

    7.2.1 If filiation has been expressly recognized by the father, the child shall use the surname
    of the father upon the submission of the accomplished AUSF.

    7.2.2 If filiation has not been expressly recognized by the father, the child shall use the
    surname of father upon submission of a public document or a private handwritten
    instrument supported by the documents listed in Rule 7.1.2.

    7.3 Except in Item 7.2.1, the consent of the illegitimate child is required if he/she has reached the age of majority. The consent may be contained in a separate instrument duly notarized.

    Rule 8. Effects of Recognition

    8.1 For Births Not Yet Registered

    8.1.1 The surname of the father shall be entered as the last name of the child in the Certificate
    of Live Birth. The Certificate of Live Birth shall be recorded in the Register of Births.

    8.1.2 If admission of paternity is done at the back of the Certificate of Live Birth, no annotation
    is made in the Certificate of Live Birth. However, annotation shall be made in the Register
    of Births as follows:

    “Acknowledged by (name of father) on (date) pursuant to RA 9255.”

    8.1.3 If admission of paternity is made in a separate public document, the proper annotation
    shall be made in the Certificate of Live Birth and the Register of Births. The annotation
    shall be as follows:

    “Acknowledged by (name of father) on (date) pursuant to RA 9255.”

    8.1.4 In case of delayed registration, follow the provisions under 8.1.1 to 8.1.3 and comply with
    the requirements under Rule 25 of Administrative Order No. 1 series of 1993. Proper
    annotation with regard to delayed registration shall be made.

    8.2 For Births Previously Registered under the Surname of the Mother

    8.2.1 If admission of paternity was made either at the back of the Certificate of Live Birth or in a
    separate public document or in a private handwritten document, the public document or
    AUSF shall be recorded in the Register of Legal Instruments. Proper annotation shall be
    made in the Certificate of Live Birth and the Register of Births as follows:

    “The surname of the child is hereby changed from (original surname) to (new surname)
    pursuant to RA 9255.”

    The original surname of the child appearing in the Certificate of Live Birth and Register of
    Births shall not be changed or deleted.

    8.2.2 If filiation was not expressly recognized at the time of registration, the public document or
    AUSF shall be recorded in the Register of Legal Instruments. Proper annotation shall be
    made in the Certificate of Live Birth and the Register of Births as follows:

    “Acknowledged by (name of father) on (date). The surname of the child is hereby
    changed from (original surname) to (new surname) on (date) pursuant to RA 9255.”

    Rule 9. Issuance of Certified Copy of Certificate of Live Birth and LCR Form 1A
    In the issuance of the certified copy, proper annotations as provided under Rule 8 shall be made on the Certificate of Live Birth or on the certified transcription (LCR Form 1A) from the Register of Births.

    Rule 10. Duties of the Local Civil Registrar

    10.1. Examines the authenticity of the Certificate of Live Birth and/or ascertains the truth of the facts stated in the affidavit and the documents presented.

    10.2. Accepts for registration the following documents:

    a. Certificate of Live Birth
    b. Public document
    c. AUSF

    10.3. Records the entries in the Certificate of Live Birth in the Register of Births, and the public document and AUSF in the Register of Legal Instruments.

    10.4. Annotates the Certificate of Live Birth and the remarks portion of the Register of Births.

    10.5. Issues certified copies of Certificate of Live Birth or certified transcription (LCR form 1A) with annotations.

    10.6. Distributes the annotated Certificate of Live Birth, registered public document or AUSF including any supporting document as follows:

    a. First copy to owner of the document;
    b. Second copy to the OCRG;
    c. Third copy to the LCRO.

    Rule 11. Retroactivity Clause
    These rules shall have retroactive effect for all births occurring within and outside the Philippines.

    Rule 12. Separability Clause
    If any portion or provision of this Implementing Rules and Regulations is declared void or unconstitutional, the remaining portions or provisions thereof shall not be effected by such declaration.

    Rule 13. Repealing Clause
    All circulars, memoranda, rules and regulations or parts thereof inconsistent with the provisions of these rules are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.

    Rule 14. Effectivity
    These rules shall take effect 15 days after its publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the Philippines.

    APPROVED this 14th day of May 2004.

    Civil Registrar General

    Registration of Legal Instruments

    Place of Registration
    1. As ageneral rule, all legal instruments shall be registered in the civil registry of the place where they were executed except the following:
    o Affidavit of Reappearance – where the parties to the subsequent marriage are residing;
    o Marriage Settlement – where the marriage was recorded; and
    o Admission of Paternity, Acknowledgement, Legitimation, Voluntary Emancipation of Minor, and Paternal Authorization or Retification of Artificial Insemination – where the birth of the child was recorded.
    2. All legal instruments executed abroad shall be registered in the civil registry office of Manila.
    Number of Copies to be Submitted
    It shall be the duty of the person concerned to submit four (4) copies of the legal instrument to the civil registrar of the city/ municipality where the legal instrument was executed. After registration, the civil registrar shall distribute copies of the document bearing the civil registry number within five (5) days as follows: first copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General; second copy to the civil registrar where the event was originally recorded; third copy to the registrant; fourth copy shall be retained for filing.
    Affidavit of Reappearance
    A sworn statement of the circumstances of reappearance shall be recorded in the civil registry office of the residence of the parties to the subsequent marriage at the instance of any interested person, with due notice to the spoises of the subsequent mariage and without prejudice to the fact of reappearance being judicially determined in case such fact disputed
    Affidavit of Acknowledgement/ Affidavit of Admission of Paternity
    1. It shall be the duty of the parents or parent who executed the instrument of acknowledgement to send the original copy to the civil registrar of the municipality where the birth of the acknowledgment to send the original copy to the civil registrar of the municipality where the birth of the acknowledged child was registered not later that twenty (20) days after the execution of the instrument, for registration in the Register of Legal Instruments and proper annotation in the Register of Births.
    2. The original family name of the child appearing in the Register of Births shall not be erased or deleted, but in the remarks space shall be written “Acknowledged by __________ (name of acknowledging parents) on __________ (date)” indicating therein the full name of the child, born before August 3, 1998, shall bear by virtue of the acknowledgment, giving reference to the entry number in the Register of Legal Instruments.
    3. When the interested party requests a copy of the birth certificate of an acknowledged child, a certified copy of the Certificate of Live Birth bearing the annotation “Acknowldged by __________ (name of acknowledging parent/s) on __________ (date)”; “Family name changed to __________”; and Registry No. __________ (Legal Instruments)” or a certified transcription using standard form from the Register of Births bearing the effects of acknowledgment and likewise the remarks “Acknowledged on __________” shall be issued. For all those born on or after August 3, 1988, the remarks “Family name changed to __________” is not applicable.


  • Angel A. Mendoza says:

    Good day Sir/madame:

    May iba pa bang way para maayos ko yung correction ng birth certificate correction ko sa gender instead na female, male ang naka register sa NSO ko,hindi pa ba implemented yung na ipasang batas ng congress na hindi na siya need ng court hearing instead yung ruling n civil registrar na ang pwedeng mag correct nito, malaking abala at gastos pa ang kailangan sa simpleng pagkakamali nman. Dahil sa ganitong correction maraming tao ang hirap makapag abroad. Katulad ko sana maka kuha ako ng sagot mula sa inyo.Salamat.

  • Roy says:

    Good Day!

    Ask ko lang po kung ano ang gagawin ko sa Marriage Contract namin ng asawa ko kasi yung Birth Date nya nakalagay is October 16, 1974 instead of October 10, 1974. kailangan kasing ayusin dahil conflict sya at di makakuha ng passport ang asawa ko dahil sa error na ito. Lahat po ng documents ng asawa ko October 10, 1974 talaga ang nakalagay sa birth date nya, itong sa Marriage Contract lang namin ang mali ang entry.

    Please help…..

    Maraming salamat po.


  • Esteban says:

    kamusta po!

    tanong ko lang po kung ano ang gagawin dahil ang kapatid ko ay walang middle name at ipananganak sya nung 1992. dahil sa lahat ng records nya kahit ang passport ay may middle name sya kasi nung ni-register sya, my mother wrote her surname and middle name to register yung kapatid ko kung saan unknowingly binura pala ng sa lcr ang middle name. illegitimate po ang kapatid ko.

    maraming salamat po.

  • Rey ann lerit says:

    Pano po ba maayos yung birthcerti ko instead po n male female ang nkalagay malaking problema po kasi gagamitin ko posa kasal pano poba process ng pagayos at kung sino ang pwede lapitan un lng po sana s pnakamadali at mayos at mura n proseso dahilan po kulang financially thanks po sana po matugunan nyo po ito

  • rodello says:

    Good Day po
    Paano po ba maayos yung birth certificate ng anak ko instead of VLADIMIR JOHANN SUBILLAGA GUINA ang nakalagay po VLADIMIR JOHANN SOLIMAN GUINA paano po ito maaayos po, patulong na lng po. at dun sa po sa maiden name ng misis ko (mother ni vladimir johann subillaga guina) nakalagay po dun SEVERINA SOLIMAN dapat po SEVERINA SUBILLAGA. ako po humingi ng inyong gabay para maayos po itong entry na mali,sana po sa madali at maayos na processo.
    maraming salamat po.


    Rodello Guina

  • jocelyn b,suarez nov.13 2011 says:

    im marriage to julieto R. gromontil…july 04 2004 tanong kulang po…maam sir kng naka registire po ba ang kasal namin kasi po wala akng na tatangap na marriage certificate,,,salamat po….

  • jocelyn b,suarez nov.13 2011 says:

    GOOD DAY…mam/// paano kurin po ma isasa ayos ang certificate ko instead na female,male ang nka lagay anong gagawin ko… at magkano ang babayaran ko……… maraming salamat po.

  • bunso says:

    ask ko po sana kung paano ang procedure, gaano katagal mgprocess ng correction ng birth certificate na walang gender? at kung mgkano ang mgagastos? salamat po

  • mely says:

    my pamangkin s 16yrs old d prob w her b-certificate ang nationality ng father nya. m lawyer n kmi kausap first paymnt s 10T i pay it 6-30-11. now shes asking 4 another 10T para s publication. ang 1st hearing was set 2-13-12 ang tagal po d b? n reset kc d dumatng ang fiscal. now ang sbi s May dw ulit hearing. ganito b tlga ktgal mg process ng correction of entry sa Quezon city hall? ano po masabi nyo. tnx

  • jane says:

    Hello po,

    Ask ko lng po…isa kasi sa mga requirements ang birth certificate ng father ko pra makuha namin ang death benefits nya sa SSS,ang problema po kasi wla kamng mahanap na b cert nya,pumunta na rin kami sa NSO pero wla po syang records dun,need pa rin po ba na ipa late register namin siya sa LCR kahit patay na yong father pra lng makakuha kami ng birth certificate niya at mabigay namin ang requirements na kailangan ng SSS?anu po ba kailangan namin gawin?

  • Angel says:

    Pano ko po mai-correct or ma-cancel?? ang middlename ng baby ko, sa BC po me middlename po sya, the same po ng middlename ko. He bears my surname po. Im not aware po kasi dati na it should be blank if a child is illegitimate. How can i correct po his BC and his other papers? What should i do po? Hope you can help me…Thank you po…

  • Halen says:

    Mam, good day po! Gusto ko lang pong magtanong kung paano i- correct gender gender ng 3nd daughter ko from male to female at kung ilan kaya ang magagasto nito.Please advise nyo rin ako kung ano ang pwede kong gagawin sa marriage ko with my husband. Nalaman ko na bago pala kami nakasal ay kasado na siya sa ibang babae noon at napatunayan ko iyan dahil nakuha ko ang papeles ng kanilang kasal sa munisipyo kung saan sila nakasal ng una niyang naging asawa noon.Nang malaman ko ang mga pangyayari ay nagkalabuan kami at nagkakaroon siya ngayon ng bago na namang babae at may anak na sila. Ang tanong ko lang po kung ang kasal ba namin ay magiging walang bisa since naka rehistro na ito sa NSO. Pwede ba akong makakakuha ng CENOMAR? Ano ba ang mga papeles na kakailanganin upang maging walang bisa ito.Mayron bang pamahalaan ng gobyerno na tutulong sa mga sa mga kagaya ko na may kasong ganito na kahit mura lang po ang magagasto pati na sa sitwasyon ng maling gender ng anak ko?
    SAna po ay matulungan nyo po ako sa napakalaking problema ko pong ito.
    Salamat po at God bless…

  • Emalyn says:

    Ma’am / Sir, good day,
    I would like to ask, that how can I correct the gender of my son to male, cause when I process his birth certificate @ NSO I found out that his gender is female instead of male.

    Hope that you will help me on how to do it, Thank you very much

  • josie says:

    gud day.itatanong ko lng po ang feedback form na ibinalik sa amin ng NSO na may nakalagay na: Action needed:please submit certified true copy of second page of petition(C/MCR) with date of decision. Ano po bang papeles ito na hinihingi sa amin?
    Thank you.

  • Marvin Lopez says:

    can you advice on how I can have the gender correction of my daughter, the gender written in her BC is male. do i need court appearance or request for this? if so how much will it cost and is there a branch of government to help me do it less costly?

  • cecilia e. andrade says:

    my birth certificate have double entry. Both are late registered. I register my birthdate as September 29, 1963 and later I have registered my birthdate as September 29, 1959 which I am using already for the past 33 years. Three years ago, the previous entry came out and the lawyer told me that is very complicated to fix. I am really dissapointed. What I am going to do. me.

  • Maya says:

    good day po mam, ask lang po ako kung paano ko po i remove ang apelyido ng anak ko gamit ang apelyido ng asawa ko. Gusto ko pong palitan sa apelyido ko at hindi na ang apelyido ng asawa ko. Magkano po ang mababayaran ko. at ano po ang mga papeles na kakailanganin po. kasi kailangan nya ng kumuha ng passport. Sana po matutulongan nyo po ako sa problema ko.

  • eds toriaga says:

    napending po ang visa ng neice ko kc ung spelling ng mother nya don sa birth cert.nya is yong old spelling nya,pano un ayusin?..ang pamangkin ko ay pinanganak sa koror palau

  • doinkz says:

    hi! ask k lng gaanu po ktagal aantayin ang court order for correction ng citizenship sa Marriage contract? last hearing was july17.

  • Freddie says:

    Ngayong nagpalit ng sistema ang NSO, kakaalam ko lang po ngayon na naka-double registration pala ako. At iyong second registration ko po ang nagamit at ginagamit ko hanggang ngayon. Lately na nag request ako ng birth certificate, ang na released ay iyong first registered. So laki ng problema sa akin, kasi wrong spelling first name ko, iba ang surname ko, at earlier iyong day ng kapanganakan ko. Anu po ang dapat kong gawin? Lahat na po ng nagamit ko ay iyong nasa second registration ko, Nasa passport ko na. Salamat po.

  • Donbel M.Villanueva says:

    Good day po, Ngkamali po age kpo sa birth cert po ng anak ko. Gusto kpo sana ma ayos. Ndi pa po ako nka kuha ng NSO ng anak ko @ kailangan npo sana ng NSO ng anak ko as school sana po maayos kna po muna ung na Mali Kong age sa birth cert nya bago kpo kunin NSO. Tanx @ God bless.

  • Donbel M.Villanueva says:

    Good day po, Ngkamali po age kpo sa birth cert po ng anak ko. Gusto kpo sana ma ayos. Ndi pa po ako nka kuha ng NSO ng anak ko @ kailangan npo sana ng NSO ng anak ko as school sana po maayos k Tanx @ God bless.

Google Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BSP Exchange Rate Today: