Pinoy forum and online news directory. Providing help to Filipinos here and abroad about Philippines.
SSS Death and Funeral Benefit Claim Requirements
The Social Security System is the agency of the Philippines government that handles all social security insurance and benefits for Pinoys whether working abroad or locally / employed or not. What is important for anybody looking forward to claim different benefits offered by this agency is for the member to know the list of requirements and how to file the claim.
Sad to say that even the official SSS website doesn’t have a concrete clear guide for Filipinos who are members of the SSS and for this, I am looking forward to help in my own small way by searching through the internet and using Google Search to find relevant and useful information to feature here at Internet Philippines.
Eventually, I am looking forward to establish a brand that will stick to the mind of my blog visitors that this website was put up to help people and to provide important classified and practical tips and information that aims to guide them.
Today I went online again only to find so many comments on a post I wrote a couple of months ago regarding a comprehensive guide on how to file for SSS death benefit claim. It seems that this is not enough as I was not able to find the comprehensive list of requirements for this particular claim for Pinoys to completely use my information to their advantage. Today, I am glad to announce though that I finally found a classified information by searching again to ease out and be able to answer clamors and requests by my blog visitors to feature the list of requirements for use in SSS death and funeral benefits claim procedure. Here they are below.
Requirements in filing for SSS Death Benefit Claim:
1. Death claim application (SSS DDR-1)
2. Affidavit of claimant or Filer’s Affidavit
3. DDR Savings Account Form
4. Passbook (for pension)
5. Report of Death (if cause of death is related to employment)
6. SSS Form CLD 13A (Affidavit for Death Claim, if claimant is a secondary beneficiary)
7. SSS Form CLD 13 (Joint affidavit, if claimant is a legal heir)
8. ID photos of claimant
9. Valid IDs of claimant
10. If deceased member is married, marriage certificate of deceased member, issued by NSO or certified by the Local Civil Registrar
11. If deceased member has minor child or children, birth certificates of minor and children, certified by the Local Civil Registrar or issued by NSO
12. If deceased member has a child with permanent disability, birth certificate of child with disability, certified by the Local Civil Registrar or issued by NSO
14. If single, the deceased member’s birth certificate and marriage certificate of the parents, certified by the Local Civil Registrar, or issued by NSO
15. Other papers required by SSS during claim processing because of deficiency of information in documents submitted
Downloadable Death Benefit Application Form (DDR-1), Checklist, Signature Card and Affidavit: (source: sss.gov.ph)
You can download the different forms below for use without the need to come in person at the SSS nearest office in order to file for your death benefit claim. As an initial instruction, all you have to do is to click on the link and you will be presented to the actual forms as stated above available for printing and download in PDF format (adobe reader). Don’t forget to click on the link to view the checklist as well as the signature form. Don’t worry, you may not opt in to download it, just click on to view more details that may help you on your processing of the death benefit or funeral claim.
- DDR Signature Card Form
- SSS Death Benefit Claim Form DDR-1
- Checklist for SSS Death Benefit Claim
- CLD1.3A Affidavit for Death Benefit Claim Form
If you think I have helped you in my own small way, don’t forget to click on the Facebook like box below. If you have a Google + account, please do tick the corresponding logo too or share it with friends on Twitter. Thank you and god bless you.
Tags: application form for death benefit, checklist of requirements, death benefit claim, death claim requirements, downloadable death benefit form, downloadable pdf file, funeral benefit form, funeral claim requirements, how to file, sample form